Healthier Pancake Recipe
70g pitted dates, chopped
1/2 cup wholemeal flour
3 tbs plain flour
1 tsp soda bicarbonate
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tbs golden syrup, plus an extra tbs to drizzle
1 cup buttermilk (add a little extra if batter becomes too thick)
1 medium banana
30g walnuts, chopped
- Place dates in 3 tablespoons of boiling water in a small bowl and stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain and cool slightly. Sift flours, soda bicarbonate, cinnamon and ginger into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together golden syrup, egg and buttermilk until just combined.
- Add wet mix and date mixture to flours and mix well.
- Heat a small non-stick frypan over medium heat and grease or spray with a little oil.
- Add 1/3 cupful of mixture and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear, turn and cook the other side.
- Keep warm whilst cooking other pancakes.
- To serve, top with banana slices, walnuts and drizzle with golden syrup.
Energy: 1362kJ (325 Cals) Protein: 11g Fat: 9.4g (sat 2g) Carbs: 50g (Sugar 32g) Fibre: 5.3g