Healthy Ice Cream Cake
1 tbs granulated Stevia blend
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cinnamon stick
500g cherries pitted and halved
2 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup granulated Stevia blend
2 tsp lime juice
400ml coconut cream (chilled)
1 tbs mint leaves
Olive oil spray
- Spray a loaf tin lightly with oil and line with cling wrap, making sure there is plenty of overhang.
- Place orange juice, cinnamon stick and 1 tbs of Stevia in a media-sized saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add cherries and cook for 3-4 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Spread on a flat plate and place in fridge to chill.
- Whisk eggs, yolk and 1/2 cup of Stevia in a heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of boiling water. Continue to whisk until thick and creamy, then set aside to cool.
- Blend bananas with lime juice, then stir through cooled egg mixture.
- Whisk coconut cream until thickened. Fold half into the egg mixture until just combined, then add remaining coconut cream and 1/3 of the cherry mixture.
- Pour into prepared tin and fold over excess cling wrap. Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freeze and turn out onto a serving plate.
- Top with remaining cherries and a scatter of mint leaves.
Energy: 869kj Carbs: 20.9g Dietary Fibre: 6.2g Sat Fat: 8.9g Sugar: 13.2g Protein: 3.6g Fat: 11g